Monday, April 18, 2011

AOL branding - Universal Everything

Hi there - I know this work is a bit old now - but I didn't get to post it when it first came out, and I think it's visually very striking.  Anyway, it's my blog isn't it?!I'm a big fan of Matt Pyke's Universal Everything - he/they do some very arresting work.


A second series of reveal films created for AOL and launched at the New Museum, NYC. Used for web video, mobile, digital campaigns and outdoor LED displays.  I think they are all quite poetic - helped by his brother Simon on audio.   I would love to know what the branding brief was on these - it seems very "beautiful" - but I'm not sure what it's trying to say about AOL?  All of these spots seem to imply AOL is a 'happening" brand - but I havn't noticed anything else to back this up...

Commissioned - Wolff Olins NYC
Creative Direction - Matt Pyke at Universal Everything
Animation - Chris Perry at Universal Everything and Michael Merron at Analog studio


Commissioned by Wolff Olins NYC
Creative Direction - Matt Pyke/Universal Everything
Generative Animation - Field.io

Commissioned by Wolff Olins NYC
Creative Direction - Matt Pyke at Universal Everything
Animation - Realise



Commissioned by Wolff Olins NYC
Creative Direction - Matt Pyke at Universal Everything
Animation - Zeitguised

No comments: