Monday, July 20, 2009

Red Bee redundancies


I just heard that Red Bee are shedding 30 jobs - a mixture of designers, creatives and producers - given the state of things in the economy - this is not really so surprising - the biggest surprise is that it has taken so long for it to happen.

This also co-incides with a fairly hefty cull in numbers at Discovery's creative services department in Chiswick Park. I don't have any numbers, but I have had a number of farewell emails and have heard of many more

Many of the other large to medium sized companies have shed staff already - although they are not particularly keen for me to say who they are! I heard about one company who is paying the rent on their office space, and no one is there - the people that are left are working from home. However, I did hear of one medium sized company who shed six staff on the same day, but who are now surviving very well and picking up lots of work.

I just hope that the saying "when you close one door it opens another" is true for all these people, and that new opportunities are out there for these highly skilled people in web and gaming perhaps...?

If any one has any opinions on this - let me know.

No comments: